Dracaena - one of the most popular indoor flowers in the world. They are decorated with houses, offices, shopping areas, medical facilities. This plant is widely used by the master of feng shui. Dracaena harmoniously looks in the interior of the premises of any style and purpose. Its most tender and refined varieties are grown in greenhouses and winter gardens.
A dragon, a serpent-tree, a dragon tree - this is also what they call this flower. According to legend, a huge dragon came to grips with an elephant. In a fierce battle, their blood mixed up and watered the earth. On the site of the battle grew tall trees, which were given the name Dracaena.
Varieties of home draca
In nature, there are about 150 species of this plant. But for gardening of premises in the house only some of them are used:
- Dracaena bordered (or Marginata) is the most common species of this plant. It has a bare knotted stem and long, narrow leaves at the crown. In appearance it resembles a palm tree. In height reaches three meters. Dracaena Marginata fits perfectly into the interior of offices and shopping centers. Yes, and in any apartment such a plant will look very impressive.
- Dracaena Sander (Sanderiana, bamboo of happiness) is the second most popular dracaena species. In addition to external similarity, has nothing to do with bamboo. Sander can grow up to a meter in height and even higher. The top of this species dracaena often twisted into a spiral. This amazing type of flower is able to decorate any room in the house. It is often used in the interior of the followers of Feng Shui.
- Fragrant Dracaena (Fragrans) - a plant with fragrant flowers, wide and long leaves. Depending on the variety, this flower may have a different color of leaves - monophonic, variegated or striped. Dracaena blooms in the apartment is extremely rare. The tree of happiness - the so-called fragrant fragrant is also called. It is believed that this flower can feel good only in the atmosphere of peace, peace and quiet. And if he is surrounded by tensions, scandals and conflicts, he begins to ache and gradually dies. A kind of natural indicator of emotions in the house.
- Dracaena Derimskaya - unpretentious plant with tricolor leaves. The long leaves of the Deremskaya dracaena slightly curl around the edges, and this gives it elegance. Dracaena blooms in the apartment is very rare, but it is not scary. After all, dark red on the outside and white inside the flowers of this plant have a disgusting smell.
- Dracena Godsef (Surculosis) - is very different from other dracenas. On its thin branching stems are leaves of an egg-shaped form, which have an unusual color for this plant - white-cream or pale green spots and specks. Surculose flowers have a pleasant aroma, but it blooms indoors rarely.
Good and harm dracaena
The use of dracaena in the interior is not only aesthetic pleasure. Proved and the real benefits of this plant for others:
- Being a natural filter, dracaena absorbs and processes such harmful substances as benzene, formaldehyde, trichlorethylene, xylene, ammonia, carbon oxides.
- The benefit of this plant is that it absorbs pathogenic microparticles and dust, and instead it ionizes the air in the house.
- The dracaena harmonizes the psycho-emotional state, creates around itself a healthy and favorable microclimate.
Like any plant, dracaena can cause harm to people around it:
- If people have a tendency to allergic reactions, dracaena, like any other plant in the house, can cause them.
- Eating dracaena leaves can be harmful, causing upset the digestive system. This is a low-toxic plant.
The benefit of dracaena is incomparably greater than its possible harm, which, moreover, can be easily prevented. For what it is necessary to follow simple rules:
- Do not allow dust to accumulate on the leaves of dracaena, wipe them in a timely manner.
- Do not put dragonza in the bedroom to a person prone to allergies.
- Do not eat parts of the plant and keep it out of the reach of small children and animals.
Feng Shui Dracaena
Feng Shui is the art of controlling invisible and tangible streams that fill any space in order to create energy harmony.
Dracaena Sander (bamboo of happiness) according to feng shui is a symbol of masculinity, well-being and success, inflexibility and will. The presence of Sander in the house provides its inhabitants with happiness, longevity, health, luck, wealth. Dracaena in an apartment is a source of positive energy.
The best place for dracaena
The benefits of dracaena for the health of people around them, for their aesthetic satisfaction and for general harmonization of space are now clear. It remains to find out where it is better to put the plant for its more comfortable stay in the room.
Dracaena relatively unpretentious care. It is contraindicated in direct sunlight, and therefore the pot with this plant should be placed in a light shade, a meter or two from the window. The most comfortable temperature of stay of dracaena is from +12 to + 22 ° С. This plant tolerates shading and artificial light. True, variegated species at the same time can lose the brightness of the picture. It is best if the lighting is bright and diffused.
Watering the dragon fruit should be moderate, but do not allow the soil to dry out. It is necessary to spray leaves regularly and often. In the warm season, it is advisable to take the dracaena to fresh air, excluding direct sunlight.