Monumentality and grandeur, luxury and a touch of charisma, ancient melodies bring decorative columns to each room. Today they are only decoration, albeit luxurious and rich, yesterday they are a purely utilitarian function allowing the Egyptian and Indian to build magnificent temple complexes to create columns of totem columns of unprecedented strength and beauty, and ... dozens more examples. Now the columns in the interior of the apartment / country house personify the power, the tendency to historical styles such as royal, baroque, rococo, gothic.
Beautiful and elegant decorative columns are a variety of materials from which the three main components of each column are made - the capital, base, and trunk. It is the colon material that will help in the smallest details to recreate a certain interior, to make it with a certain bias, enriching the room with bright and fantasy energy and mood.
These are columns from:
- natural stone: marble, granite, malachite, basalt. Such decorative units are the decoration of theaters and museums, exhibition halls and galleries, and other similar establishments. Vertical architectural units at the entrance and in the foyer, smaller ones in the main and auxiliary halls, this is the grandeur and luxury of the past, done flawlessly, competently, thoroughly. To decorate your own house with such columns is extremely expensive due to the cost of the material and the complexity of its processing, in aesthetic terms - pretentious and somewhere even ridiculous;
- tree. Ethnic and natural styles - country and rustic, eco and Provence - can not do without elegant, decorated with carved columns, organically inscribed in the common space of the room. They will become the starting point of the whole interior, allowing you to choose furniture and decorative elements, accessories and coatings, textiles and decoration units-decorations. A seductive touch of natural interior will give the columns, made in the color of stained oak, wenge, ash, poplar or maple, that is, in natural shades, with a natural pattern-patterns, "breathing" natural energy and nature;
- metal. They are made in different forms, decorate the interiors in the style of minimalism, hi-tech, functionality, in a word, modern styles, in which practicality, reliability and functionality are in the first place, and only the second - the aesthetic component. The shape is important here - only clear, smooth lines and color. Silver, cool white, metal and all shades of black are considered classic;
- drywall. It is easy to make such a column yourself in accordance with the design project of the room. Figured lines, the unequal size of the trunk - and decorated with a column for children and the library, living room and hall. One limitation is only a rectangular shape and a minimum of decorative ornaments;
- polyurethane. This material is used for the manufacture of decorative elements-columns more and more, because it has a low cost, is easy to install, durable and reliable, resistant to UV light, temperature and humidity. The unique decorative column from polyurethane will allow to embody any style, to make an original and bright capital in the Ionic, Doric, Corinthian style. A rich choice of decorating columns of polyurethane allows him to lead in any interior.
The columns you selected in the interior are a few tasks that can get a solution that you were unaware of. So, the columns in the room of historical, natural, modern interiors are:
- practicality. Creating a brick column or a column of artificial stone in a modern interior is an innovative supporting structure that perfectly supports the ceiling. At the same time you do not need special permits and other documents for this type of overhaul. Another idea is to “inscribe” the columns in the exterior or interior during the design of the house or apartment. This will help assess the design and immediately pick up materials for decoration, pieces of furniture "to match";
- possibility of zoning space. A single large room, in which there is a lot of space, uncluttered furniture and huge windows, can be divided into different zones with the help of columns. Such a move would be an intriguing idea if you adore architectural delights and non-trivial solutions. And this is a zone for work and creativity, the territory of games for kids or a bright “spot” - a living room. At the same time, the vertical architectural units will visually increase the distance between the floor and the ceiling, making the room spacious and light. A group of several columns arranged in a row will help emphasize the clarity of the strict lines inherent in the interior in a modern style;
- concealment of engineering systems, cables, other communications. This is a great option if you have conceived redevelopment and create a new guest room on the upper or attic floor. During the play of light on the flutes, no one would guess that something was hidden in this column !;
- aesthetic component. Architectural elements will bring a touch of sophistication and charm into the room, draw attention to themselves, and may become the main decorative decoration of a room if the column is decorated with the help of interesting technique. A creative idea is to make the column bright, and choose a calm pastel shade as the main color background of the room. But this is the case for innovators who are not afraid of innovations. The conservator will have a more pragmatic idea to paint the column in an “invisible” color and emphasize its functional purpose.
Styles of interiors and columns: how to choose the right
For a particular style, decorative columns should be chosen based not only on the refinement of auxiliary elements, material and color. Attention - to the main features inherent in a particular style.
For example, columns in the interior of the Egyptian style imply mandatory painting on the surface. At the same time, the surface of the column is smooth and even, without textural or textural delights. Patterns and drawings - plant variants in a rich manifestation of colors, that is, the mass of green, terracotta, coral and olive, yellow, red and blue.
Receptions and techniques for decorating columns
Modern interiors are brick or concrete columns, rarely artificial stone. Make them presentable and interesting will help plaster and subsequent painting. Fix the grid on the column, plaster it, prime it and then paint it in the chosen color. As an option - decorative plaster of a certain color and texture.