The use of stone in the construction of houses due to its durability and durability. In the modern world, owners often use stone for cladding the facade. This material allows you to give the appearance of the house of solidity and respectability. At the same time, the facing stone for the facade does not require external repair for a long time.
Stone material can be classified into two groups:
- A natural stone;
- Fake diamond.
Natural stone is a natural facing material that is found in the environment. To such a group belong such types of facing stone:
- Sandstone - is considered the most refractory and strong material due to the high content of quartz in it. Characterized by increased resistance to moisture and sudden changes in temperature. The color range is from green-yellow to red.
- Felsite - inherent properties of strength and heat insulation. Used for the installation of external sides of the building and indoors.
- Granite is a facing material containing quartz, cornea and biorite. Possesses hardness, durability, resistance to low temperatures, increased humidity levels.
- Limestone - is characterized by an organic composition, including decomposed marine life (shell, shell, shellfish). Also included are calcium carbonate, manganese, sulfur.
- Marble - formed by dolomite and limestone in the course of a long reaction under the action of high temperatures. Inherent properties of strength, beauty and long service life.
- Slate - contains mineral components, quartz, spar. It has low heat conductivity, resistance to moisture, fire, and negative external influences.
- Travertine - limestone tuff with porous content. It has a widespread beige and brown color, which affects the frequent use in the classic interior.
The natural facing stone possesses such features:
- Its installation protects buildings from external negative influences and contributes to an increase in service life;
- Ease of care;
- Numerous design solutions - wild stone allows you to create a rich and beautiful design in the interior of the house, exterior decoration, interior solutions for the bath and sauna;
- Long-term operation - a stone for exterior decoration can serve about 50 years without losing the appearance. This is due to the ability to withstand temperature changes.
Natural wild stone contributes to the extension of the life of the home. It can be observed not only by the owners, but also by their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Artificial stone for the facade is a good substitute for natural material. This is due to many distinctive features:
- Laying is possible outside and inside the house;
- Low price;
- Installation is quick and easy;
- You can make a stone with your own hands with the help of a form and a vibro bank
When choosing a facing stone should be guided by the desires and possibilities. Of course, decoration with natural wild stone or artificially created has its own nuances and rules. If you take into account all the principles of installation, you can successfully use the facing stone for exterior decoration or in the interior of the house, in the apartment and for the bath.
Natural materials have long been used to decorate homes. This is due to the advantages of the material:
- The uniqueness of each individual element, as they are created by nature;
- Duration of use - over time, only enrichment of the wild material occurs;
- Environmental friendliness;
- When installing stone on the wall, heat preservation in the house is enhanced due to the presence of grain and layered structure.
- Resistance of the laid stone to the negative effects of the environment and chemical compositions.
There are certain negative qualities of this material:
- Large mass that affects the foundation of the building. It must be very durable to prevent the deformation and destruction of the house;
- It is difficult to put the material because of the long selection of elements;
- High price.
Natural stone elements, with their advantages and disadvantages, are valued by many consumers for their many uses. They can be used for lining external walls, as a fence and as a facing stone for the fireplace.
Laying artificial stone for lining the foundation and other design decorations has a number of advantages:
- Low cost;
- You can install without the involvement of specialists;
- It is subject to easy processing in case of need of correction.
- Finishing can be made of various colored stones with different textures.
- Sheathing is made of standardized tiles, which eliminates the waste of time on the selection of material in comparison with wild stone.
- Less weight, which affects the low pressure on the foundation.
- Widespread use for finishing the exterior of the house, bath walls, for the fence.
- Long service life.
The lack of artificial material is dissimilarity with natural stones in physical contact. To the touch you can immediately distinguish these materials, but from a distance you can hardly distinguish between an artificial facing stone for a socle and a natural stone element.
Rules of application
For the home, you can use both natural material and artificially created. It all depends on the preferences of the owner. Two methods of fixing elements are known:
- Dry - characterized by the presence of a frame for attaching tiles or panels. You can use additional insulation materials. In some cases, the appearance of the building changes completely.
- Wet - is to glue the elements with cement mortar or special glue. It is applied in situations when additional warming is not required.
To lay the material on the base using the “wet” method, certain rules should be followed:
- Pre-cleaning the surface of old dirt.
- If there is a difference in area, the surface should be leveled with a special compound.
- In the presence of a smooth surface for the walls under the stone metal mesh is used.
- It is better to lay dark material on the basement area, since a gray or other light stone will display all the pollution.
- Natural materials with a sawn surface should be laid on the cement mixture, and the joints should be filled with sealant.
The budget option of facing is considered a laying method from a plate. For such purposes, sandstone, slate or artificial elements having a crushed texture are used. Still known technology cladding masonry "Castle" in order to impart antiquity. Simplicity is different masonry "Shahriar". Laying "Plateau", "Rondo" are used for decorative purposes.
When facing houses of dark shades often use white or gray areas of torn compositions. The combination of gray and brown color allows you to add zest to the lining.
The favorite material of designers for the design of unusual premises is a stone under a brick. It can be white, brown, gray or classic red. Its use contributes to the achievement of the roughness of the wall, which is often used in the decoration of the balcony, fireplace and on one of the walls of the room. For loft, country, and Provence styles, such a white stone is often used. The contrast of brown and light shades is a favorite of many design ideas.
Stone decoration allows you to create a natural atmosphere outside and inside the house. Which stone to choose for this is up to you. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages, you can choose the option that is suitable for the required tasks.