Thinking about the exterior of the house, owners often choose materials such as siding. Recently acrylic siding the block a house gains popularity. The material is valued for its high aesthetic properties and functionality.
The unique material of the panels is similar to natural logs, so sometimes it seems that the house is sheathed with natural material. The solidity of the material is provided by such features:
- The strength of the panels and fixtures - acrylic block house in comparison with vinyl panels is much stronger and more reliable. Application of the material in different climatic zones is based on this property.
- Resistance to external influences - the base component (acrylic) ensures the resistance of the material to chemical compositions and negative environmental influences. When caring for the panels, it is allowed to use various substances, since the possibility of damage is excluded.
- The minimum level of deformation changes in shock, ultraviolet radiation, temperature fluctuations. In the case of deformation, the panels begin to recover in high-speed mode due to the presence of a certain degree of plasticity.
- Large selection of colors - siding is made in various colors. If you wish, you can choose or order panels with various inclusions or other additional inserts.
The panels are made of galvanized steel, which is covered with a special polymer composition. When receiving technology is used casting and extrusion. Characteristics of acrylic siding contribute to the transfer of naturalness and massiveness of wood products.
Advantages and disadvantages
Acrylic siding is considered the latest generation of material. This is due to these advantages:
- Large range of panels - you can choose a material in a different color, configuration or texture.
- No corrosion reactions.
- Resistance to the development of mold microorganisms, fungi.
- Long service life.
- Easy finish.
- Minimum heat absorption.
- Various imitation solutions (under a log, brick, blockhouse).
- Elimination of color loss due to prolonged exposure to UV rays.
- Resistance to fire.
- Low toxic effects.
Due to these advantages, consumers can operate acrylic siding for thirty or fifty years. Only metal material for finishing can compete with this period.
Against the background of many positive qualities, there is one drawback. This is a high material cost. Moreover, it may increase due to the thickness, complexity of color, improved performance, but recently there has been a tendency to reduce the price of these panels due to market saturation.
This type of siding can be classified according to the direction of imitation. Famous acrylic siding under the tree, namely under the log. Still possible metal performance or in the form of bricks.
Distinguishing real material and siding is quite difficult. The buyer chooses the option of imitation. Their quality does not differ, so you can choose based on external differences. Panels under the log are used more often for exterior decoration of a private house, a summer house. Metal siding sheathed farm buildings or public buildings.
Installation of acrylic siding can be performed independently or with the help of a team of specialists. If you want to do the finishing yourself, you need to pay attention to certain rules.
First, it is required to calculate the material consumption. This is done by dividing the area of the walls to be trimmed by the length of the panel. The size of the panel depends on the imitation version. The length of the block house is about 3.1 m, and the width is equal to 20 cm.
The next stage is the preparation of the facade. The surface must be cleaned from dirt and dust. It is also required to remove pipes, lanterns, subwindow structures that will interfere with installation.
In the case of house trimming with additional insulation material, the installation scheme will be as follows:
- After surface preparation, the waterproofing layer is laid.
- Installing crates.
- Laying and fixing the insulating material between the lattice elements.
- Thermal insulation closure by windproof membrane.
- Fastening the contrabreshetki to ensure the ventilation function of the facade structure.
- Installation siding.
According to experts, the installation should be started from the back side of the house. Then decreases the likelihood of problems when facing the front. For covering the building under the log is better to use someone's help to facilitate the process.
When performing works, the following tools and materials will be required:
- Building level;
- Protective glasses;
- Hacksaw or scissors for metal;
Of course, if a warming of a log house is required, then the necessary warming materials and auxiliary elements are acquired.
The frame for fastening can be made of metal profile or wooden bars. If the house is made of log or timber, then the frame is made of wood. The crate is fixed with anti-corrosion nails closer to the corners. Through the level it is necessary to control the verticality of the installation. The length between the slats is 70 cm.
The initial level is fixed at a height that covers the edge of the foundation. In this case, you should use the chalk, which serves to draw stripes on the wall. After that, the nails fix the strip with an interval of 25 cm, the distance between adjacent initial bars is 1, 25 cm. It provides a variant of the natural expansion of the material. At the end, the beginning and end must converge.
After the operations, the corner elements are attached. If necessary, set the H-profile. The angle is fixed at a length of 6.4 mm from the beginning of the eaves. J-profiles are provided for window and door openings, but insulation is first established. Moreover, the lower window is overlapped for the runoff of water, not inside, but over the nail heads.
Finishing siding panels begins with attachment to the initial profile. You should check the movement of the panel in different directions. It should be free. The assembly of the panels starts from the bottom left corner and is carried out from bottom to top.
The lining of the plates is carried out by the method of "comb in the groove." The distance is observed at 2.5 cm. Acrylic wood siding and standard panels are mounted in the center, excluding deviations. Do not rigidly fix the panel.
The location of the joints is carried out in the form of steps. In this case, the interval is 60 cm. Repeat and vertical overlap are conducted through three rows. Screws are screwed indented 15 cm from the edges of the material. For locking the locks of the bottom bar and hooks are provided. An external profile is used to close the gaps. The end of the lining occurs by fixing the end plate under the frame overhang of the roof.
Exterior lining of the house with acrylic siding will provide reliable, sustainable protection of the wall surface. A wide choice of colors and textures helps to expand the possibilities of home decoration. With proper installation of such a facade will be a great addition to the home for many years.